Have you been looking for a way to earn passive income or how to start affiliate marketing?
How about affiliate marketing? The best part is that it doesn’t take much to start, and the potential earnings are huge.
In this blog post, we will discuss how to get started with affiliate marketing and some of the benefits of this form of online business.
Understand the Basics of Affiliate Marketing
It’s important to know the basics of affiliate marketing before you get started. How it works is that affiliate marketers will promote products or services from a company or affiliate networks. If someone purchases anything through their affiliate link, they are entitled to earn a commission or affiliate sale.
If this sounds like something up your alley, take some time to read over our article “What is Affiliate Marketing.”
Learn How To Find Products That Sell Well
The most important aspect of starting an online business venture into affiliate marketing is finding affiliate marketing programs or products that sell well so you can make money promoting them. There’s no point in putting all of your resources behind a product that hardly sells at all, as there won’t be any earnings coming back your way for those efforts. Know what people want before spending lots of time trying to sell things nobody wants!
How Can I Start Affiliate Marketing?
– Set up your own affiliate website or blog. A great place to start is WordPress, which provides the platform and all of the tools you need for free. You’ll also want a domain name so that people know where to find you online, and it’s easy for them to remember – this will cost approximately $15/year (or less if there are promotional deals). You should be able to use one of your social media accounts as the login credentials if they’re not already taken by someone else.
Don’t worry about making things look pretty at first because, for Google Analytics to record data, we only need something simple like email@example.com.
An affiliate marketer makes money from affiliate marketing by affiliating their quality content with affiliate products that we recommend and/or are featured in the blog posts. These can be anything from a specific book to a high-quality blender, even an online course teaching people how to make money on Instagram – whatever you’re passionate about or want to promote.
When it comes time for linking these items within your post, there are usually two ways of doing this; either using something called “text” or iframe embeds. Text links look like this:
(Text link URL)
Iframe embeds show images as seen below:
[iframe src=” (IFRAME SRC)” width=”680px”]] [/iframe]
The difference between text and iFrames embeds is that you can only provide a link and description with text links, whereas the iFrame embed allows for additional images.
We use both of these methods on our blog depending on what we’re promoting – sometimes it’s easier to identify an individual product and provide more information about it in-line rather than linking out to another page with just a single image or title. How we do this will depend on your preference!
The other way to generate revenue in affiliate marketing is through creating affiliate content, or content marketing is by featuring affiliate products within posts without actively recommending them. This helps offer readers some insight into which items might be good options if they wanted to buy something similar themselves – not everyone has the opportunity (or takes advantage) of working directly from home as so many bloggers are.
Find a Niche That you are Passionate About and Have Some Knowledge In
-Finding a niche is vital – there are so many affiliate products out there it’s hard to be an expert in everything. Understand which niches your readers care about and do the research on how many of them use affiliate programs
-Some niche ideas could include things like:
– How they would accessorize their home office space with items from big box retailers or online stores like Amazon, Home Depot, Etsy, etc.
– How they can tie fashion trends back to workwear for a more chic look that is appropriate but still professional (I’m looking at your power suit trend)
– How to organize bookshelves without any tools or even using Ikea’s EXPEDIT shelf system!
Create a Website or Blog for your Affiliate Marketing Campaign
-Creating an affiliate site is the most sustainable way to promote affiliate products.
-Treat your website like a business; after all, that’s what it is! Create an About page with information about you and some articles on topics related to affiliate marketing or at least in line with your niche, so there are always new posts for readers or audiences.
Use Google Analytics to track reader engagement (time spent on site, bounce rate)
-See which content resonates best by looking at blog post metrics using analytics software such as WordPress stats plugin from Yoast or Google Analytics. It doesn’t matter if they leave without buying anything right then and there because ultimately, this will lead them back through search engine indexes when they’re making their purchase decisions later down the road.
Start small and increase your traffic and target audience slowly over time with new blog posts.
Using a plugin like Pretty Links to automatically shorten affiliate links will save you valuable space in the post copy.
-Pretty much everyone serious about making money online has heard of this one, but there are plenty of other great plugins for WordPress which can be found by searching Google or checking out their list on WordPress’s website
Create social media accounts and link them back to your site – Twitter, Facebook, etc. create an email newsletter so your engaged audience can subscribe and get content via email instead of having to go visit the blog every day (this might not work if it’s mainly images). The following three options include free examples: Constant contact, mail chimp, and Aweber.
The following are Affiliate Links to the Plugins I Mentioned:
Pretty Links: Pretty Links is a WordPress plugin that automatically creates short and long URLs for you. This helps your posts rank better in Google because it eliminates “clutter” on the page, making them more readable for both humans and search engine crawlers.
Social Media Widgets: These allow you to add social media buttons at the bottom or top of each post that links back to Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube channel, etc. When somebody clicks one of these ‘share’ buttons, they will also be sharing what you’ve written with their followers (note – most people don’t do this, so make sure it’s set up right!).
Build an Email List to Keep in Touch with Your Followers
Keeping in touch with your followers is essential. This is where you need to run an email marketing campaign which will include:
– Personalized emails with what’s happening in your life
– Promotions on the affiliate product or new content
– Emails that are informative (e.g., How To blog posts) and relevant to the reader
These should be done regularly so people know they can expect something from you, every day if possible! Typically it takes a while for a list to grow, but after some time, this becomes easy because each subscriber has opted into it by signing up themselves.”
Promote Affiliate Products Through Social Media and Other Social Media Platforms
Using social media to promote affiliate products in other social media platforms from your affiliate marketing website is a great way to increase traffic and create awareness.
This can be done by:
– Taking photos of the products you are promoting and post them on social media, blogs, or other platforms with your affiliate link back to your site where people can buy items from it. This will cause more viewers than if you only posted the photo without mentioning that they should go and purchase something online.
– Sharing promotional deals through Facebook, Twitter, etc., links out to the item being sold on your website while also including #hashtags in posts linking back to what product they’re talking about. For example, “#makeupdeals” so all their followers know exactly what interests those updates relate to!”
– Using paid traffic or ads to deliver products from your website, including video ads that are targeted towards a specific group of people like women who have watched this kind of makeup tutorial before or those in the beauty industry who may need hair styling tools.
– Promoting affiliate links through other site’s content/posts and making posts on social media with hashtags related to what you’re promoting.”
The best time for promotion is when an event is happening where everyone will be talking about it, such as attending a conference or holiday season coming up! It would also be good when releasing new items online because they can be promoted then too!”
Affiliate marketing is one way to make money while doing something you love, which many individuals.
Try out different advertising methods until you find one that best works for you!
“Affiliate marketing doesn’t have any tricky steps for you to start making money online; all it requires is hard work and creativity!”